This newly created role will be responsible for maintaining liaison with the company’s key accounts, professional advisors to farmers and farmer customers, providing technical support regarding our animal health products. The role includes the development of education and training materials. It also includes hands-on involvement in R&D projects.
You will be expected to meet with customers and professional advisors, explain how biological products can help in agriculture and work with customers to derive value from the products. A substantial component of time will be spent speaking with other vets and nutritionists with a view to improving their understanding of biological products, including direct fed microbial (probiotic) products.
The role will involve travel across Victoria, into SE South Australia, southern NSW and Tasmania.
Skills & Experience
- Qualified vet, registered to practice in Australia.
- Experience working with large animals (cattle, sheep, and other livestock) for more than 5 years
- Must be a good educator and communicator
- Able to engage with farmers (pastoralists/graziers, and dairy farmers)
- Strong empathy with biological products for animal health
- An understanding of direct fed microbials (probiotics) and their use in animal health (or an interest in learning about probiotics)
- Understands commercial sales activities (but not directly involved in sales)
- Ability to liaise with rural agents, other vets, nutritionists
- An interest in scientific studies
- A “hands-on” approach (“roll up the sleeves”) to assisting with the preparation of presentations and training material.
Part time: 2-3 days per week
Salary - Negotiable $120,000 pro-rata
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting Jennifer Galvin-Rowley on 0410477235 or email@example.com