TOMRA is a global leader in sensor-based sorting across Collection Services and Sorting Solutions.
TOMRA creates sensor-based technologies for sorting and process analysis within the recycling, mining, food and other industries. With more than 13,740 installations worldwide, TOMRA offers a unique range of complementary sorting technologies, the most extensive service base, and the widest geographic and market segment coverage in the industry.
TOMRA is the leading provider of optical sorting and processing technology for the fresh and processed food industry. With approximately 8,230 sorting installations globally, TOMRA Sorting's food business is instrumental in optimizing the world's food utilization, safety and quality.
Due to the ongoing growth and success of the organization, a newly created role of Service Manager, Food, Australia & New Zealand, has been created and will be responsible for leading a team of three high-performing Field Service Engineers located across Sydney, New Zealand and Mildura.
Reporting to the Managing Director based in Sydney, Australia and a dotted line into the Regional Service Manager in Belgium, this exciting career opportunity will appeal to a talented Engineer with strong technical expertise in optics and high-speed controls coupled with excellent customer relationship skills to continue to build on the existing strong growth phase of TOMRA Food. Operating within a matrix structure, we are looking to identify a highly commercial professional with outstanding leadership and project management skills, comfortable working within a global organization. This role manages all aspects of the business including People, Financials and, of course, our Customers.
You will be working alongside the senior management team to develop and deliver a market strategy to ensure TOMRA’s competitiveness in the food service industry. Critical to the success of the role is your ability to develop, grow and maintain strong working relationships with customers to best understand how to the deliver to their specific need.
As a strong and inspirational leader, you will need to demonstrate a passion for technology and the food sector, enjoy leading a high-performing, customer focused team and be driven by continuous improvement. Specifically, candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Relevant degree qualification is mechanical/technical engineering or equivalent hands-on experience.
- A successful career in Service Management leading a senior technical team within the manufacturing/technical sector, ideally within a global, matrixed environment
- Experience in the Food sector, in particular sensor-based technologies (optical sorting and processing) highly regarded
- Outstanding communications skills and the ability to build strong business relationships.
- Responsibility for Financials including full P&L
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (up to 30% travel)
For a confidential discussion about this exciting opportunity, please contact Gary Rowley on 0412 256 563. All applications should be made online and include a current CV and a brief cover letter.