The Program has been operating for 10 years and has registered aircraft operators from 37 different countries worldwide. Over 800 audits have been conducted in the history of the Program, providing a level of aviation safety oversight and cost efficiency to the contracting member organisation not available previously.
You will be joining a high-performing team of talented individuals who ensure the BARS Program continues its reputation for making a positive difference in the world of contracted aviation safety and risk management.
We are looking to appoint a technically qualified individual to fill the role of Quality Manager within the FSF Technical Team. The Technical Team is responsible for the quality of the Audit program through a robust technical review of the audit data and administering the day to day running of the Program. The Technical Team also develop the tools and material for the data analysis of the information coming from audits and other sources and then in turn, generate high quality reporting for the benefit of the global contracted aviation sector. The Flight Safety Foundation ltd/BARS Program Office holds ISO 9001:2015 accreditation and internal assurance and continuous improvement are a big part of the Quality Managers role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring technical documentation remains accurate and up to date
- Managing the scheduling and delivery of second party audits
- Ensuring business quality, standards and management meetings are scheduled and minuted
- Supporting the Technical team with the data analysis and reporting
- Supporting the quality review of the BARS Audits
- Updating databases of accident registers, audit registers and action lists
- Ensuring software systems backups are functional and operational
- Working with the Managing Director, Foundation Managers and staff to achieve goals and objectives of the Foundation;
- Working with the Managing Director in developing strategic plans, policies and procedures relating to the quality assurance effort; and
- Regular reporting to the Managing Director.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- 5+ years in Aviation in either a flight operations or a maintenance/engineering role;
- Formal education in auditing and at least 2 years experience in delivering audits either internally or externally
- A flight crew licence or maintenance/engineering licence
- Tertiary qualifications in an aviation discipline is
- Excellent abilities in written and spoken English
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to work without supervision;
- Ability to clearly communicate with senior levels of corporations and executive level management;
- Proficiency in use of the MS Office software, particularly MS Excel;
- Experience in undertaking data analysis and reporting from an aviation safety perspective.
- A global perspective with experience in international Aviation operations
- Unrestricted passport and able to travel internationally
- Ability to work with culturally and professionally diverse teams
This is a great opportunity to be part of the team to influence the safety and effective risk management of a worldwide aviation program.
Applications should be made online at www.galvinrowley.com.au
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting Jennifer Galvin-Rowley on +61 410 477 235.