To support the expansion, the newly created role of Operations Manager has been created to lead all aspects of plant operations and production. With a strong focus on people leadership, this key role will lead and manage an existing production facility in Queensland with plans to replicate for future satellite operations in Melbourne (Gippsland or Western District) as well as New Zealand.
At the same time, as the business expands nationally and into New Zealand, it is expected the Operations Manager will work with the Leadership Team to strategically plan for future satellite operations.
This role will be Melbourne based, however for the first 6-12 months, the Operations Manager will be focusing on the Queensland operations and as a result will need to spend 2-3 weeks per month in Queensland.
- Provide leadership for the successful day-to-day operations of existing and new plants.
- Work closely with plant, technical and quality assurance staff to review product quality consistency while monitoring yield rates and wastage to determine trends and areas for improvement.
- Review established production schedules for all manufacturing to establish inventory levels are met whilst operating at the highest efficiency possible.
- Build a high-performing cross-functional team by providing high level direction, support and development.
- Develop and execute plant budgets.
Key Selection Criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications in Manufacturing/Management and/or Science/Food Technology.
- 5+ years experience in a key leadership/operations management role within food/beverage/pharmaceutical/organic manufacturing.
- Strong understanding of and experience in food safety regulations and production
- Previous experience/best practice implementing and using continuous improvement/lean such as Six Sigma, 5-S, Lean Manufacturing to drive improvement.
- Experience leading a cross-functional team including Production, Quality, OH&S.
To find out more about this exciting new role or to make confidential enquiries, please contact Gary Rowley on 0412 256 563.
Applications should be made online by visiting www.galvinrowley.com.au and include a CV and brief cover letter addressing the key hiring criteria.