Based in the Melbourne Head Office, the company is an Award Winning, premium residential building company with a reputation for outstanding quality and safety.
An exciting career opportunity is now available within the premium residential Construction industry sector in Melbourne. This newly created role will appeal to a talented Health & Safety professional with Construction Industry experience to bring expertise in Safety strategy and first-class execution.
We are looking to appoint a proactive, high-energy professional with strong communication skills to drive and enhance an outstanding safety culture. The role will implement health and safety plans, management systems and initiatives that enable a culture of effective health & safety, compliance, injury management and work cover practices, in concert with strong safety leadership.
Key groups of responsibility will include:
- Safety Plans & Safety Management System
- Safety Performing & Reporting
- Near Miss, Incident & Hazard Management
- Injury Management & Workcover Management
- Safety Expertise, Training & Education
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Relevant qualifications in Safety
- At least 5+ years experience in a safety leadership role within the retail construction sector
- Sound knowledge of general safety practices nationally
- Knowledge of incident and hazard management practices, including experience in incident investigation & risk management frameworks with the ability to make recommendations for preventative actions
- Ability to work with groups of people & leaders to develop safety improvement strategies
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability and experience to investigate incidents and accidents and make recommendations for effective correction actions and preventive action
- Experience dealing with safety and Workcover authorities
You will also be able to demonstrate professional maturity and a People & Safety First Approach. With strong interpersonal skills and a genuine team player with a strong focus on performance, you will be able to demonstrate strong personal integrity and professional resilience.
This exciting career opportunity is a permanent full-time role.
Applications should be made online and include a brief cover letter and current CV.
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting Jennifer Galvin-Rowley on 0410477235 or firstname.lastname@example.org