Reporting to the Operations Manager, this key role will be critical to the success of the growth of the business. We are looking to appoint a strong people manager and leader with a food manufacturing background. Experience in lean, productivity, time management, efficiencies. Highly motivating and capable of building a high performing team. HACCP food safety experience.
Whilst we are recruiting the permanent role, we also welcome expressions of interest from experienced Production Managers available for an interim role (approx 8 weeks). Immediate start.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide leadership for the successful day to day operation of the plant.
- Work closely with plant and quality staff to review product quality consistency while monitoring yield rates and wastage to determine trends and areas of improvement.
- Review established production schedules for all manufacturing departments to ensure established inventory levels are met while operating at the highest efficiency possible.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring all staffing and competency levels are achieved or exceeded.
- Monitor operation expenses and research ways to reduce cost while maintaining product quality.
- Analyze work force requirements.
- Encourage and promote operations in a continuous improvement environment.
- Remove waste and constraints from the production process to improve efficiencies and enhance productivity.
- Conduct performance appraisals and provide coaching to all team leaders.
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- Qualifications in management/production/lean manufacturing and/or relevant experience.
- 5+ years progressive experience in a key leadership/management role at a manufacturing facility - food manufacturing highly preferable,
- Highly experienced in GMP.
- Demonstrated strong leadership, team building and advanced coaching skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate people, assess and develop employee skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and applications associated with manufacturing operations, maintenance and engineering.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with the ability to balance production, maintenance and customer needs.
Apply with confidence. For further details on these roles, please contact Gary Rowley on 0412 256 563 or email email@example.com