Based in Fortitude Valley, this role will implement health and safety plans, management systems and initiatives that enable a culture of effective health & safety, compliance, injury management and work cover practices, in concert with strong safety leadership.
Our client is an Award Winning, premium residential building company with a reputation for outstanding quality and safety.
We are looking to appoint a proactive, high-energy professional with strong communication skills to drive and enhance an outstanding safety culture.
Key groups of responsibility will include:
- Safety Plans & Safety Management System
- Safety Performing & Reporting
- Near Miss, Incident & Hazard Management
- Injury Management & Workcover Management
- Safety Expertise, Training & Education
- Relevant qualifications in Safety
- At least 5+ years experience in a safety role
- Sound knowledge of general safety practices in QLD
- Sound knowledge of safety practices across construction in QLD
- Proven experience working in the construction sector
- Knowledge of incident and hazard management practices, including experience in incident investigation & risk management frameworks with the ability to make recommendations for preventative actions
- Ability to work with groups of people & leaders to develop safety improvement strategies
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability and experience to investigate incidents and accidents and make recommendations for effective correction actions and preventive action
- Experience dealing with safety and workcover authorities
Applications should be made online and include a brief cover letter and current CV.