This exciting, newly created, career opportunity has been created to provide guidance and leadership to the business execution in after-sales support for the Field Service team. Based in Melbourne, Australia and reporting to the Vice President Global Services (based in USA), we are looking to a appoint a commercially astute senior executive with sound technical expertise (Mechanical and/or Electrical) to provide inspirational leadership to a geographically dispersed team including four Regional Managers (NZ, Australia, West Coast USA and East Coast USA); Regional Service Partners as well as global teams across Spare Parts, Service Sales and Service Administration Support (total team of 140). By nature of the business, this role will have regular international travel (twice per quarter) as well as regular trips to New Zealand. Your ability to travel regularly internationally as well as work and lead teams across various time zones will be critical to the success of the role.
Operating within a global matrix structure, and with a key focus to develop, deploy and continuously improve processes which deliver efficient and effective Field Services to our customers, the successful candidate will have the ability to steadily grow the business by way of your team’s ability to deliver outstanding global Customer Satisfaction.
The successful candidate will have proven success in a senior leadership role with full P&L responsibility operating globally (or nationally) to deliver high value, complex electrical and mechanical solutions and understands the importance of defining Service as a business and not as a cost.
Specifically, you will be responsible for managing the business performance, processes, people and customer experience for the Field Service organization globally. The role will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of commissioning, planned services, on demand services, spare parts business and service sales. The role will form part of the Senior Leadership team for Global Services – helping to drive the regional business performance whilst maintaining a high standards of customer experience and consistency with the global organization.
To be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- Proven success in managing large, geographically dispersed teams to deliver high value complex electrical and mechanical solutions / services (minimum 10 years’ experience)
- Relevant degree, engineering, project management qualifications, global business
- Outstanding people leadership development capability
- Excellent communication skills; written & verbal; ability to deal at all levels
- Time & resource management skills
- Expertise with project and service management software
- Customer focused
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to bring project to successful completion
- Prepared to travel domestically and internationally
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting Gary Rowley on +61 412 256 563. To obtain a copy of the detailed PD, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be made online by visiting www.galvinrowley.com.au