Kestrel Aviation is a leading provider of specialist aviation services to corporate and government organization’s Australia-wide and overseas. Kestrel offers state of the art capability in helicopter firefighting and emergency response, remote access transport, and advanced pilot training. Based in Mangalore in Central Victoria, Kestrel operates an extensive fleet of fixed and rotary wing aircraft ranging from light piston helicopters to multi-engine turbine helicopters and airplanes including the recent addition of the Aircrane helicopter in cooperation with Erickson Inc.
This exciting career opportunity will appeal to a highly experienced General Manager with strong leadership and general management capability and the ability to operate within a unique organization offering critical aviation and aerial firefighting services to both major corporate and government organizations.
We are seeking to identify a candidate who can balance strong commercial acumen, operational efficiencies and a leadership style that is warm and engaging together with the ability to build strong relationships with this high performing team. Your ability to understand the complex dynamics of the business will be critical to the success of the role. Leading by example, “being on the ground and visible” to the team at peak times is essential. In addition, experience with media and crisis management will be highly regarded. Aviation experience is not critical, however experience within logistics could be advantageous.
The General Manager will be responsible for the overall leadership, reputation, operation and financial management of Kestrel Aviation and will be accountable to the Directors. The General Manager will lead and develop a high-performing team of highly skilled aviation and operations professionals to deliver outstanding services to corporate and government clients which impact the safety of the Australian landscape and community. The position will also build and sustain critical relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and in consultation with the Directors, will be responsible for developing and executing the organization’s strategic plan.
Leading a team of five senior managers including Chief Pilot; Chief Engineer; Operations Manager; Head of Training and Safety Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Operational and Team Management including Safety
- Finance and Resource Management
- Strategic Planning
- Client Liaison
- Quality & Risk
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Marketing and Brand Management
- Fire Season Specific - Facilitate daily meetings/communications to effectively communicate company plans, operational needs, support to field and overall operational situational awareness of the company’s activities.
The successful candidate will need to demonstrate:
- Degree qualifications in Business, Commerce and/or Finance
- General Management / Senior leadership experience in an equivalent size organization where the key focus is on building a positive work culture and ensuring ongoing sustainability through competent operational management, financial management, people development.
- Proven track record in engaging and building diverse stakeholder relationships.
- Strong ability in determining how to optimize effectiveness through strong leadership.
- Ability to manage competing demands and identify priorities with limited timeframes and resources.
- Strong interpersonal and networking skills with the ability to build and manage a high–quality team, as well as to work with partner organizations.
- Strategic planning skills with the ability to lead a collaborative process to develop and implement an organizational purpose, mission, and operational plan that leads to measurable results.
- Financial planning and operational management skills.
- A highly developed ability to communicate key messages succinctly and clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- A genuine commitment and passion for Aviation and the community.
- Demonstrated capacity for creative, strategic thinking around new ideas and opportunities
- Entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to use initiative appropriately within the guidelines of the organization.
- Self-starter who is results driven
- Decisiveness and soundness of judgement
- Ability to tackle issues head on and lead courageously
- A desire for continuous improvement, actively seeking feedback
- Ability to clarify and share expectations
Based in Mangalore in Central Victoria, the successful candidate will need to relocate or reside locally in order to perform the role successfully. There is no such thing as a 9-5 in firefighting and emergency response and as such it is imperative the General Manager is on-hand to provide leadership to the teams during peak and critical times of operation.
A highly competitive executive remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate including base salary, superannuation and car allowance.
To obtain a copy of the Position Description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be made online at www.galvinrowley.com.au and include a brief cover letter and current CV.
For a confidential discussion about this exciting opportunity contact Jennifer Galvin-Rowley on 0410477235 or Gary Rowley on 0412256563.