Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and leading a small team, we are looking to appoint a trusted advisor and coach to the CEO and the leadership team, supporting the delivery of the business objectives through the execution of the P&C strategy. In conjunction and alignment with the Group team, this key role will provide strategic and operational business focussed leadership and guidance across the employee lifecycle including culture, change management, employee engagement, talent & succession, and employee relations. L&D sits as a separate function to P&C.
As the company continues its integration with its new owners it is expected the company will retain its own unique identity, however behind the scenes it will move towards a matrix structure and leverage on the strengths of its owners for many of its back-office functions. This role will have a dotted-line report to the Group General Manager P&C, and as such will work strategically on aligning the overall P&C strategy. As a key member of the ELT, you will bring gravitas and presence to the table and be able to demonstrate extensive experience in the Retail sector. You will have strong EQ and the ability to add real value as the company continues its growth journey.
Key Accountability & Responsibilities
- Develop, implement, and manage the P&C strategy and budget ensuring full alignment to the overall business strategy, vision, and values, providing P&C support across Company Stores, Joint Ventures and Franchisees.
- Provide senior level support with acquisitions and mergers, including effective due diligence pre-sale and seamless onboarding post sale in line with business and legal requirements
- Support business transformation including systems transformation and integration as required
- Be a key member of the executive team and actively contribute from a leadership and P&C perspective
- Provide strategic and operational advice and support to the Executive and their teams in a dynamic environment requiring influencing skills, flexibility, and agility
- Provide leadership coaching and mentoring to the executive team and senior managers, playing a pivotal role in helping to build organizational and team capability
- Employee Relations Management, providing quality advice to the executive and senior managers, ensuring all legal compliance is met.
- Remuneration and compensation management ensuring competitive and equitable remuneration systems exist, implementation of incentive and bonus schemes, and ensuring that sound and appropriate decisions are made related to people, performance, and job level.
- Work with the Group and organisation Learning team to implement learning and development solutions to meet organisational and employee capability needs
- Support the executive team and Total Tools leaders to drive employee engagement by monitoring and implementing initiatives to improve culture and engagement
- Work with the SHE Management team to ensure a safety-first culture, embedding a safety management system in line with legislation
Key Hiring Criteria
We are expecting the preferred candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- High integrity and alignment of values with organisation culture
- Commercial awareness with the ability to think strategically to deliver business and P&C outcomes
- Proven ability to influence at the executive level and across the business, strong stakeholder management
- Significant leadership level exposure as an executive level partner across all P&C disciplines including talent/performance management, P&C strategy, IR, remuneration, change management, and training and development
- Exposure and experience with acquisitions, mergers, and overall business transformation
- Strong coaching skills and a proven ability to develop leadership capability at all levels
- The ability to work closely with senior leaders and drive and influence the people agenda
- Commercial acumen and budget management as well as creative ideas to support a positive culture.
- Experience in health and safety and industrial & employee relations
- Experience working in a complex, multi-dimensional retail / franchisee environment is desirable
Please apply online at www.galvinrowley.com.au including your current CV and a brief cover letter.
Confidential enquiries can be made by calling Jennifer Galvin-Rowley on 0410477235.