ABOUT THE ORGANISATION:
Our client is a highly successful Retail Group with 100 stores nationally and has recently become part of one of Australia’s largest organisations in the home improvement category.
Their operating model is one that respects and invests in their team and customers. They live by their values - one team, own it and get it done, customer first and be the difference.
With a significant focus on providing market leading support across the retail store network, the Head Office is plays a key role in Marketing, HR, Finance, Channel/Product Alignment, Sales Support and Training. The Head Office is a vibrant, professional environment which prides itself on its growing range of employee value propositions including an active staff social club, EAP, complimentary end of month lunches, discounted products and much, much more!
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and leading a small team, they are looking to appoint a trusted advisor and coach to the CEO and the leadership team, supporting the delivery of the business objectives through the execution of the P&C strategy. In conjunction and alignment with the Exec Group team, this key role will provide strategic and operational business focussed leadership and guidance across the employee lifecycle including culture, change management, employee engagement, talent & succession, and employee relations. L&D sits as a separate function to P&C.
As the company continues its integration with its new owners it is expected the company will retain its own unique identity, however behind the scenes it will move towards a matrix structure and leverage on the strengths of its owners for many of its back-office functions. This role will have a dotted-line report to the Group General Manager P&C, and as such will work strategically on aligning the overall P&C strategy. As a key member of the ELT, this role will bring gravitas and presence to the table and be able to demonstrate extensive experience in the Retail sector. Strong EQ and the ability to add real value as the company continues its growth journey will be essential.
Key Accountability & Responsibilities:
- P&C strategy and budget development with full alignment to the overall business strategy, vision, and values
- Support with acquisitions and mergers, including effective due diligence pre-sale and seamless onboarding post sale in line with business and legal requirements
- Business transformation including systems transformation and integration as required
- Key member of the executive team and provide strategic and operational advice in a dynamic environment requiring influencing skills, flexibility, and agility
- Provide leadership coaching and mentoring to the executive team and senior managers, playing a pivotal role in helping to build organisational and team capability
- Employee Relations Management, providing quality advice to the executive and senior managers, ensuring all legal compliance is met.
- Remuneration and compensation management ensuring competitive and equitable remuneration systems exist, implementation of incentive and bonus schemes, and ensuring that sound and appropriate decisions are made related to people, performance, and job level.
- Drive employee engagement by monitoring and implementing initiatives to improve culture and engagement
- Work with the SHE Management team to ensure a safety-first culture, embedding a safety management system in line with legislation
- Significant leadership level exposure as an executive level partner across all P&C disciplines including talent/performance management, P&C strategy, IR, remuneration, change management, and training and development
- Exposure and experience with acquisitions, mergers, and overall business transformation
- Strong coaching skills and a proven ability to develop leadership capability at all levels
- Commercial acumen and budget management as well as creative ideas to support a positive culture.
- Experience in health and safety and industrial & employee relations
- Experience working in a complex, multi-dimensional retail / franchisee environment is desirable