Searoad Ferries is the proud recipient of many major awards including three-time winner of the Victoria Tourism Award for Major Transport and Tour Operator, 2013, 2014 and 2015, entering the Hall of Fame, as well as winning the coveted 2015 Australian Tourism Award.
Searoad Ferries, operates two all-weather car and passenger ferries on Melbourne’s spectacular Port Phillip Bay. Sailing between Sorrento and Queenscliff 365 days a year and carrying more than 900,000 people annually,
Searoad Ferries employs 130+ highly trained staff and is investing heavily into infrastructure with $36M terminal upgrades at both Queenscliff and Sorrento commencing in 2020 as well as $25M investment in a new ship build commencing soon. Further investment has also commenced with its own Melbourne bus service for international and interstate travellers to both Queenscliff and Sorrento.
We are looking to appoint a highly experienced Operations Executive with excellent people leadership and change management skills with the ability to lead a large team to deliver outstanding Customer Experience. Your career and experience will likely come from either the Maritime and/or Tourism sector or a combination of both where you have held responsibilities for building high-performing teams in either Tourism or Passenger Transport.
As part of an outstanding Executive Leadership Team, you will be a strong and positive contributor across the business to ensure the organisation continues to grow and deliver outstanding service to its thousands of customers.
To be considered for this role, you will need to demonstrate:
- Degree qualifications in Business, Commerce, Marketing or Tourism
- Formal qualifications in Engineering or vessel management (highly regarded)
- Master Class 4, 3 (or higher) preferred
- Strong understanding of commercial marine or tourism operations together with a working understanding of relevant legislation, standards and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of Safety Management Systems within the Maritime industry.
- Strong knowledge of HR & IR
- A high level of knowledge relating to marine systems, propulsion and general engineering
- Demonstrated experience in a senior Operations Management/ Leadership role within either the Tourism or Passenger Transport sectors.
- Demonstrated experience building, leading and developing a large Operations Team
- Strong Change Management and staff engagement experience
- Strong commercial acumen and the ability to contribute cross-functionally at Executive level
- High level of interpersonal skills and the ability to build and lead a world-class Operations team
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
To request a copy of the detailed Position Description including Key Hiring Criteria, please email email@example.com
Applications should be made online at www.galvinrowley.com.au and should include:
. Current Resume in Word format (3-4 pages)
. Cover letter addressing the key hiring criteria