This exciting executive opportunity will appeal to a talented and entrepreneurial General Manager with outstanding skills and capability In Strategy, People Leadership, Change Management, and Innovation. The essence of this role is to provide cross functional leadership contributing to increased market share and profitable growth of the business with a strong focus on innovation to develop new market opportunities.
Our client is an award-winning designer and manufacturer of complex equipment, tooling, bespoke products as well as engineering services offering a total manufacturing solution that encompasses project management, design, manufacture, installation, commissioning, ongoing maintenance and spare parts for its precision machines and products. Renowned for its outstanding technical expertise, capability, and customer service, it boasts a blue-chip client base that spans Government and Defence, Aerospace, Mining, Construction and broader Industrial clients.
As we move into 2021 and beyond, the opportunities to expand into new markets beyond defence and aerospace is growing and we are looking to appoint an outstanding executive leader to join our Executive Leadership Team. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer with the mandate to scale the Business Unit by way of growth with existing customers and industry sectors underpinned with a strong focus and drive into new market sectors, you will be leading a high-performing team of senior professionals across Engineering, Operations and Sales.
A natural leader and influencer, your executive presence enables credibility and connection with a wide audience of stakeholders, employees, and customers. Agile, clear communication is important underpinned with an entrepreneurial attitude to drive change and pushing boundaries. With the ability to span strategy and execution, this position will engage your wide commercial expertise and project management skills. It is expected you will thrive in vibrant commercial environment in the industrial, manufacturing, construction, engineering, or other sector where contract/projects, innovation, sustainability, and customer collaboration are characteristics.
This high impact career position offers the stimulation of contributing to a successful team, developing sustainable future focused initiatives, leading industry innovations, and growing an interesting, technically complex company.
Specifically, your responsibilities will include:
- Create a compelling vision for the Business Unit and lead with purpose to achieve.
- Lead the sales planning and customer acquisition strategy and execution
- Develop, lead and manage the customer experience and relationship management strategy
- Lead across multiple functions to maximise cohesion and collaboration.
- Manage a diverse team, with a strong focus on coaching, development, and empowering others to show initiative and be accountable.
- Ensure operational excellence by promoting collaboration, streamline processes and fostering continuous improvement.
- Manage the Business Unit costs, determine budgets, and implement plans to effectively achieve revenue and profit goals.
- Work with cross-functional leaders and other General Managers to support resource management / allocation / development.
- Seasoned professional with proven success in executive / senior leadership roles in relevant industries such as Heavy Industry, Manufacturing and/or Construction.
- Tertiary qualifications in Business/Commerce/Engineering
- Proven experience in successfully leading cross-functional teams including Sales, Project Management, Engineering, Manufacturing, and support staff.
- A knowledge of engineering, manufacturing, construction, or similar industries.
- Demonstrated results in operational excellence
- Successful track record of leading through change and through ambiguity
- Proven success with an adaptable and authentic leadership style to manage diverse teams to achieve operational goals
Visit www.galvinrowley.com.au and submit your CV with a brief cover letter.
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting Jennifer Galvin-Rowley on 0410477235.