The Ranelagh Club is a little slice of paradise located in the Ranelagh Estate in Mt Eliza. With private access to the beach and club house, there is a little something for everyone. The Ranelagh Club is a not for profit organization that is run by a board of member-directors. With private access to the beach, our facilities include:
- Tennis - six floodlit mod grass courts, professional coach, competitive and social tennis activities
- Sailing - qualified Yachting Victoria Instructor plus regular sailing activities, regattas and club competitions
- Beach Boxes – three private beach boxes with barbeque facilities
- Clubhouse - with full licensed bar and bistro and spectacular views across Port Phillip Bay from the deck.
- Boat Storage – Members can store boats, kayaks, paddle boards
- Membership Clubs – Golf, Swimming, Book, Walking Clubs (run by members)
- Events – our Clubhouse is available for private functions, weddings and business conferences.
Since 1924, the Ranelagh Club has grown and flourished under the direction of members and a Board of Directors.
In 2017, our first full time General Manager was appointed and around the same time our catering transitioned from an outsourced model to an in-house model.
We are now looking to appoint a full time Food, Beverage & Events Manager to report into the General Manager and effectively manage all elements of catering and events. With a growing membership and ongoing development of facilities, this critical role will ensure members enjoy a first class Customer Experience at every touch point.
- Effectively manage the day to day operations with a budget and to the highest standards with the assistance of a Front of House supervisor and Head Chef.
- Rostering of staff to meet the needs of the operations on each day.
- Leadership– Recruit and train staff and regular briefings to provide a high level of service and exceptional guest experiences every time.
- Continually assess the operations and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Work collaboratively and effective with the Head Chef with menu preparations and function packages.
- Effectively manage and attract new Events and Functions including meeting interested parties and convert function enquiries to booking.
- Hosting – being a friendly face for our members to be welcomed Management of POS/till daily takings and cash handling.
- Ordering of beverages, linen, and all catering good and supplies other than Food.
- Extending your abilities when required to problem solving and to meet the requests of members whenever possible.
- Attend and participate on the Club’s Occupational health and safety committee meeting quarterly per annum and other club meetings when requested.
- Ensure compliance with all matters pertaining to health and Safety, Food, Liquor Licence and Club Policies.
- Assist with all marketing collateral relating to Member events in the Bar and Dining venue.
- Providing a weekly report to the General Manager
- Ability to build strong relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including Board Members, staff, external suppliers.
We are looking to identify an exceptional hospitality professional for this role with an uncompromising passion for delivering excellence across food, beverage, dining and customer experience.
You will need to demonstrate a warm and genuine passion for people and an affinity with the Mornington Peninsula.
Skills and experience
- Extensive hospitality management experience including restaurant operations and or a high – volume hospitality venue.
- Demonstrated experience leading and developing a high-performing team across Food, Beverage and Events.
- Previous experience as a Chef highly regarded but not essential.
- A strong work ethic with self-motivation.
- Exceptional customer skills.
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Strong Communication and facilitation skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of electronic booking and POS systems.
- Great organisational skills with an strong attention to detail.
- The ability to work well in a small team and be able to both give and take instructions.
- Understand the importance of professional presentation for you and your team
- Possess an und
- Understanding of wine and competent barista skills
- Current RSA
- Work in an environment that allows you to appreciate the culture and not just treat as a job.
HOURS OF OPERATION
The role is Full time but must have the ability to work a flexible roster including weekend and evenings.
Bar and Dining hours are currently Wednesday, Thursday evenings, Friday, Saturday & Sunday - Lunch & dinner. (Sunday breakfasts in the Spring Summer Autumn periods). There can also occasionally be special functions and events outside of normal hours.
- An attractive salary package will be negotiated with the successful applicant
- Excellent working conditions based at one of the Peninsula’s premier clubs.
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting Rod Austin, General Manager on (03) 9787 0265 or Jennifer Galvin-Rowley, Galvin-Rowley Executive on 0410 477 235
All applications should be made online and include a brief resume and cover letter.