Founded in 1947, today, membership includes more than 1,000 organizations and individuals in 150 countries. The Foundation is based in Alexandria, Virginia, USA and has a regional office in Melbourne, Australia.
The predominant purpose of the Melbourne office of FSF is to run the BARS Program. The BARS Program is made up of a suite of risk-based aviation industry Standards with supporting Implementation Guidelines. There are dedicated Standards for Contracted Aviation Operations, Offshore Helicopter Operations, Aerial Mustering and Remotely Piloted Aerial Systems.
The role of Technical and Training Manager has been created to support the Managing Director in the delivery of the BARS Program objectives and support the Technical team in the function of the Audit Program delivery and quality control.
We are seeking to appoint a candidate with the following credentials:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Business and/or Engineering,
- Extensive experience (10-15+ years) in either flight operations (pilot or flight engineer) roles or a maintenance & engineering role.
- Aviation background and knowledge-based leadership (through aviation technical expertise) is critical to the success of the role
- The ability to lead and coach the Technical team by developing and educating them in areas of aviation safety.
- Deep understanding of Safety Management Systems (SMS) (ICAO Annex 19 and Doc 9859) and Quality principles (ISO 9001:2016 or ISO 9000).
- Experience in delivering training in a classroom environment.
- Excellent written skills to undertake data analysis and prepare reports.
- Excellent communications skills and the ability to confidently present at Public Speaking events
- Strong analytical skills to interpret complex data
- Strong organisational and project management skills
- Competent with Microsoft Office – Word, Excel PowerPoint and Outlook
- Tableau or Power BI would be an advantage
- Prepared to travel domestically and internationally regularly (unrestricted passport)
- Pilots – Accident free record
For a confidential discussion about this role or to receive a copy of a detailed Position Description, please contact Jennifer Galvin-Rowley on +61 410 477 235 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be made online by visiting www.galvinrowley.com.au