We are looking to appoint an exceptional EA, with demonstrated experience successfully supporting ‘C’ Suite Executives and ideally, experience liaising with Government Ministers. You will be a confident, self-assured individual with outstanding organisational abilities; strong project management skills; excellent stakeholder management skills and the ability to see around corners and ensure both the Executive Director and CEO are fully supported to enable them to operate at full capacity confident in the knowledge that the behind-the-scenes administration is running smoothly. You will have the ability to anticipate problems and resolve quietly and without-fuss. With confident decision- making skills, you will have the ability to save time for the Director on day to day issues. With further expansion internationally, you will have the experience and ability to work closely with international staff and clients. Your ability to build strong business relationships across the business internationally will be critical to the success of the role.
This role manages the operational rhythm of both the Executive Director and CEO to enable them to focus on the business priorities, their individual needs and their interactions with their own stakeholders – internal and external. Knowing the business and the stakeholders enables good judgement and agility which supports relationships and provides leadership support across the organisation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Clear understanding of the business priorities to inform decision support on access and effective interaction with the Exec Director and the CEO for both internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure critical administration and productivity processes are in place for the Exec Director and the CEO including but not limited to oversight of executive travel, diary management, complex information and document management, operational rhythm and scheduling with direct reports and others.
- Respond to email and other communication on behalf of the Exec Director and draft reports, executive summaries organisational communications as required.
- Foster and actively promote effective interaction with the Leadership Team and other critical stakeholders to facilitate effective and efficient outcomes aligned to the strategic direction and business priorities.
- Foster effective working relationships to support the Board.
- Establish and manage the organisational operating calendar – critical events, milestones, planning and delivery dates – annually, quarterly, monthly.
Your skills should include:
- Proven trusted point of contact, ensuring discretion and confidentiality.
- Demonstrated computer competency in office applications, calendar management, data base management, and communications technology
- Time Management/ planning/ organizing
- Demonstrated track record in developing and maintaining internal and external relationships
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to achieve goals