Due to an internal promotion, an outstanding global CFO opportunity has become available with a beautiful global specialty retail brand. As a key member of the Executive Leadership Team, the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) will report to the Global Director Finance for Finance and Managing Director for IT. The successful candidate will assume a strategic role in the overall management of the organization and have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities. The role is responsible for the IT Function and entails providing the vision and leadership for designing and developing the long-term IT road map, implementing IT initiatives to ensure business success across retail, wholesale and E-commerce and providing the business a best in class IT support services function.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Strategic financial leadership across all channels (retail, e-commerce, wholesale, concessions, and new channels/models/countries).
- Provides leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation of short and long term strategic financial objectives.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/ strategies and regulatory action.
- Driving technology transformation.
- Build a High-Performance Culture that leads to ongoing excellence and effective growth of the business while maintaining the highest integrity
- Leading and managing a team of cross functional professionals to ensure best in class delivery of strategy through operations effectiveness in the value chain
- Lead cross-functional projects (IT changes) or global cross-brands project
- Ensure credibility of Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with senior executives so as to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
- Use insight into market drivers to capitalize on business opportunities that will enhance the brand recognition in the marketplace
- Ensure the delivery of financial businesses for new market entry or new business models for expansion
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
Interested candidates will need to demonstrate the following qualifications, skills and experience.
- Professional finance qualification equivalent to CA, CIMA, ACCA.
- MBA or Masters desirable.
- Significant financial leadership experience in the Retail sector
- Significant experience operating within a multinational environment
- Strong understanding and/or experience with franchise operations
- Several years’ leadership experience in financial operational roles, financial accounting, risk management, treasury, etc.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills with ability to respond under pressure.
- Able to take decisions in an informed manner with pace and also put in place the tough constraints needed to ensure profitability shifts are made
- Ability lead globally diverse teams.
- Experience working in cross functional teams within a matrix environment desirable.
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders
- Consumer and customer focus;
- Growth mind-set;
- Bias for action;
- Accountability and responsibility;
- Building talent and teams.
- Creative Pragmatism to deliver quickly and with out of the box thinking
For a confidential discussion on this role, please contact Jennifer Galvin-Rowley on +61 410 477 235 or email email@example.com
Applications should be made online and include a brief covering letter as well as a current CV.