The role of Chief Executive Officer will report to the Board and be responsible for the overall leadership, reputation, operation and financial management of the organisation. The CEO will lead and develop a team of medical, allied health, nursing, finance and administrative professionals to deliver outstanding care to its members and community. The position will also build and sustain critical relationships with key internal and external stakeholders and will be responsible for developing and executing WHC’s strategic plan and working with the Board to ensure the positive impact and sustainability of WHC.
In consultation with the WHC Board, the CEO will be responsible for:
- Strategic Planning
- Operational and People Leadership
- Membership & Communications
- Finance and Resource Management
- Stakeholder Engagement
- WHC Community Health Program
It is expected that the new CEO will be an experienced CEO or General Manager with preferably extensive experience in the NFP sector, an understanding of the nuances of a Co-Operative model, as well as preferable experience in the health sector . It is critical that the new CEO is aligned with the WHC Board on values, governance, and the future of the organisation. The role will have a strong focus on creating a strong, healthy and positive culture as well as attracting new doctors and allied health professionals to the group.
We are seeking to appoint a talented leader who is collaborative, inclusive and supportive with sound general management skills, a commitment to good governance and a focus on people development. With strong professional and personal values, the successful candidate will need to lead by example, as well as valuing the contribution of their team. They will demonstrate integrity with the ability communicate clearly and effectively with all stakeholders as well as being flexible and approachable and committed to engaging with the community and WHC members. The successful candidate will demonstrate a genuine commitment and passion for improving the health and wellbeing of WHC members and a strong interest in the issues facing our members and the broader community. With an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to use initiative appropriately within the guidelines of the Cooperative model and in consultation with the WHC Board, the successful candidate will be a self-starter who is results driven, decisive and with demonstrated strong professional judgement.
Key Hiring Criteria
The successful candidates will need to demonstrate:
- Experience in a CEO, General Management or senior leadership position, preferably in the NFP Sector
- Experience and/or understanding of the nuances of a Cooperative model operating under the Co-operatives National Law (Victoria) (highly desirable)
- Experience in the health sector (highly desirable)
- Experience working with a membership-based organisation (highly desirable)
- A strong and confident leadership style with strong change management experience
- People leadership skills and experience to develop and lead a high-performing and cohesive team
- Experience reporting to, and working with, a Board (highly desirable)
- Strategic planning skills with the ability to lead a collaborative process to develop and implement an organisational purpose, mission, and operational plan that leads to measurable results
- Financial planning, budgeting and operational management skills
- Highly developed ability to communicate key messages to internal and external stakeholders including members, staff and the WHC Board.
An executive remuneration package is on offer to the successful candidate.
Applications should be made online and include a brief covering letter addressing the key hiring criteria together with a current Resume.
Confidential enquiries can be made by contacting Jennifer Galvin-Rowley on 0410477235 or email email@example.com to obtain a copy of the Position Description.